Sat. Jan 22nd, 2022


The Omicron Variant of Covid-19 is certainly spreading like wildfire. It has halted the NHL season, and multiple cities across North-America are shutting down. WWE has made some important decisions regarding their current tour and PPV events – specifically the Day 1 event planned for January 1st – and said decisions are surprising to many.

Despite the fact that they themselves have many reported members of their current roster that tested positive for the variant, they reportedly still plan on going ahead with most of their tour dates. We previously reported on their affected roster members and also reported that a portion of their Canadian leg of their tour has been postponed.

According to PW Insider though, it looks like they plan on going ahead with the Day 1 PPV as planned. According to said report, reasons for going forward with their tour plans, are that they feel that those affected with the virus will have enough time to quarantine before the time comes for the Day 1 event.

Apparently, all US tour dates are still on track. WWE has also reportedly requested that the entirety of the roster needs to get “tested regularly” moving forward, which of course makes sense. Yet like the situation from city to city, we’re sure WWE will take it day by day moving forward and will obviously need to take greater precaution should the situation aggravate from where it’s currently at.

As we’ve reported, both WWE and AEW are ready to take action should the situation take a turn for the worse. That would mean a return to Daily’s Place for AEW and a return either to the ThunderDome or the Performance Center for WWE, as was reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.

We will keep you posted should anything change. Stay safe out there, readers.

December 23, 2021 3:52 pm



By admin