During his weekly appearance on Busted Open Radio, Tony Khan announced that the rematch for the AEW World Title match between “Hangman” Adam Page and Bryan Danielson will be announced tonight on AEW Dynamite.
Khan revealed a few days ago that Danielson is still the number one contender after he and Page went to a 60-minute draw last Wednesday at Winter Is Coming. Since the next pay-per-view is not happening until March, there has been speculation that Page vs. Danielson II will happen at the Battle of the Belts special airing on January 8 on TNT.
In addition to the World Title rematch announcement, Khan said that there would be a surprise on the show. For what it’s worth, last week Adam Cole teased a Christmas surprise for The Young Bucks so that could be what Khan was referring to.
Here is the card for tonight’s AEW Dynamite in Greensboro, NC:
– CM Punk, Sting, and Darby Allin vs. MJF and FTR
– Malakai Black vs. Griff Garrison
– Adam Cole vs. Orange Cassidy
– Ruby Soho vs. Nyla Rose in a TBS Title Tournament semifinal match
– Dr. Britt Baker, DMD, and Tony Schiavone’s Christmas party
– Owen Hart Cup tournament announcement and Owen tribute video
– “Hangman” Page and Bryan Danielson rematch announcement