Peacock’s highly anticipated drama series Bel-Air, a contemporary reimagining of the beloved and culture-defining ’90s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air starring Will Smith, has announced the full main cast that will be joining newcomer Jabari Banks, who will star as Will in the show.
RELATED: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot Enlists Newcomer Jabari Banks as Will
Along with Jabari Banks, the series regulars include:
- Adrian Holmes as “Phillip Banks” (At That Age, V Wars)
- Cassandra Freeman as “Vivian Banks” (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
- Olly Sholotan as “Carlton Banks” (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
- Coco Jones as “Hilary Banks” (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
- Akira Akbar as “Ashley Banks” (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
- Jimmy Akingbola as “Geoffrey” (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
- Jordan L. Jones as “Jazz” (Rel, Snowfall)
- Simone Joy Jones as “Lisa” (The Chair, What If)
“Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air,” reads the official synopsis. “With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.”
Peacock previously ordered two seasons of the series adaptation of Morgan Cooper’s viral fan film Bel-Air. Cooper wrote and directed the four-minute spec trailer, debuting the video on social media in March 2019. The trailer, which currently has nearly 7 million views on YouTube, caught the attention of Smith, and in a reaction video, Smith called the film and idea brilliant.
RELATED: One of Us Is Lying Trailer Previews Peacock’s Teen Mystery Series
T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson serve as co-showrunners on the series, which is co-written and directed by Cooper. Bel-Air is produced by Universal Television and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s media company Westbrook Inc. Executive producers include Brady, Newson, Cooper, Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz.