History will be made tonight because AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam will have over 20,000 fans in attendance. That is the highest attendance for a non-WWE event since the July 5, 1999 episode of WCW Monday Nitro at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
To say that this is beyond impressive is an understatement, especially for a company that has only been in existence for just over 2 years. Just to add some more context to how impressive this is, AEW is more than doubling TNA’s highest attendance and TNA had recognizable names like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy and others on their roster.
I’ve been told all suite tickets have been fully distributed for tonight’s show. There are 90 suites in total (that allow up to 20 guests per suite). That will likely put tonight’s number above 20,000+ people in attendance for #AEWGrandSlam. https://t.co/8miqy8ZkCq
— WrestleTix (@WrestleTix) September 22, 2021
Here is the card for tonight’s AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam:
– AEW World Champion Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson
– AEW Women’s World Champion Dr. Britt Baker, DMD vs. Ruby Soho
– Malakai Black vs. Cody Rhodes
– FTR vs. Sting & Darby Allin
– MJF vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
– Live interview with CM Punk
Here is the card for AEW Rampage: Grand Slam:
– Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki and Lance Archer
– Men Of The Year vs. Chris Jericho and Jake Hager
– Powerhouse Hobbs vs. CM Punk
– Anna Jay vs. Penelope Ford
– Lucha Brothers/Santana & Ortiz vs. Private Party/The Butcher & The Blade
– Adam Cole & The Young Bucks vs. Christian Cage & Jurassic Express
In anticipation of @AEW’s largest attendance in history, we encourage fans to take MASS TRANSIT & arrive early to avoid lines for #AEWDynamite: GRAND SLAM at Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight, gates open at 5:30pm. For Mass Transit+Vax requirements visit https://t.co/7f5BdTxMcy pic.twitter.com/u8BMzkZayM
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 22, 2021